- IBM MQ
- Tibco Rendezvous
- An in-house developed MOM broker at Derivatives Group A
- An in-house developed MOM broker at Big Bank B
- deal with another application that can send out messages to Broker Technology A, where I'm using (or want to use) Broker Technology B;
- be stopped from using Interesting Technology C because the Broker Technology I have to connect to doesn't support it;
- be nearly into production with a system, only to find out that the client library has a hideous bug that I can't fix because it's a proprietary protocol.
: REMOVED (see update at top of post).
: Not using Java? So sorry, there's nothing equivalent in any other language, and each vendor decides how to map JMS onto C++ in a completely different way.
: Okay, I let Hans Jesperson from Solace buy me a hot chocolate. Guilty!