- If I'm actively looking for a job, I may field 5-10 calls from recruiters a day. Some of them I want to talk to, some of them I don't have time for (if I'm rushing to an interview, I want to take a call from the recruiter that put me up for that interview in case it's a change of plans; otherwise, I don't have time for you). Help me figure out whether I want/need to take your call when you make it.
- When you call me, I can easily take your phone number and put it into my phone so that I can call you back easily. If I'm out and about, I don't have paper and pen handy, so just telling me your phone number is largely useless, since I can't take it down. I can call you back much more easily if you give me your number.
- Many recruiters don't leave messages. I want to know who are being annoying and calling me 5 times a day without leaving a message so that I can put them in my bad list. Vice versa, if I get 5 blocked calls and one of them is you and you're thoughtful enough to leave a voice mail, you get kudos.
- I have Visual VM on my iPhone. That doesn't help me replay your message when every single voice mail pending is from Blocked.
- If I can't pick up the phone because I'm in a meeting or something, it makes it very easy for me to see it's you and email you back saying "hey, was this urgent or did you just want to check up on me?" Remember, in finance we have to plan on privacy in advance.
- If I'm a hiring manager, I expect the vast majority of recruiters calling me are cold calling me trying to find out if they can recruit for me. I want to pick up the phone for the recruiters that I'm actively on a search with, while ignoring the ones I'm not. If you're working for me, I want to know that so that I can pick up the call while sending the others to voice mail. So if you have an agreement with my firm, you have no reason not to announce your presence before I pick up.
- Rather than a main line, I want to be able to call you back directly. Particularly if I'm dealing with different recruiters from the same firm, one of whom I want to talk to and the other I don't.
Amazon CloudWatch launches Alarms on Dashboards
2 hours ago