Monday, July 21, 2008

iPhone Software I'd Love

Dear Lazyweb,

Here are the pieces of software I'd love to pay someone for in order to make my JesusPhone experience much better:

  • A ToDo system which doesn't suck
    • Sync with something (anything!) on my Mac or the InterTubes
    • Allow me priorities
    • Allow me notes, deadlines
    • Give me alerts
  • A Notes system which doesn't suck
    • Sync with something (anything!) on my Mac or the InterTubes
    • Comic Sans is the bane of my life
  • A Weather app written by someone who's seen the Tufte criticism of the iPhone.
    • And while I'm at it, when I go to the Weather App, why in the world if it can't make a connection does it refuse to show me what it saw last time? Stupid app.
    • And I'm in the UK. Give me Met Office data, and show me down to the weather station level, and show me the 3-day every-four-hour data as well.
  • A semi-offline Google Reader app
    • Allow me to sync up a bunch of my feeds that are full-text and don't do summaries in the feeds, and let me read them sans network, and then sync up again when I'm back in network range
    • This can't be Yet Another RSS Reader: it must synchronize my state with Google Reader.
  • An SMS application that allows me to queue multiple SMS messages while I'm underground in the Tube and sends them all when I get a network again. Heck, my Treo did this years ago. Why can't the JebusPhone do it?

Also, I really don't want to see any more BeerPhone shit. Man, that got old quickly.

Thank you,

Kirk
blog comments powered by Disqus